Forum: open-discussion

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: Debian 10 support [ Reply ]
By: Franck Villaume on 2020-02-16 17:05
[forum:1199]
Hi,

Currently buiildbot is not usable. Selenium firefox driver and debian 10 are not really in a good relationship :-)
Therefore, no packages (rpm, deb) are not pushed since ... months, years?

Yes, you need to rebuild your own packages. Sorry about that.
To rebuild your packages, just run:
./autoinstall/build.sh

By: Henri Massias on 2020-02-13 14:55
[forum:1196]
Hello Franck,

There are no package for Debian 9 either.
Do you recommand that everyone build its own package or do you recommand to install (and update fusionforge) from source with the fully automated install script?

The EOL forDebian Jessie is june 2020, so everyone relying on the deb package should find a solution quickly.

You write that the buildbot is broken for a while. Does that mean that the debian package (or the centos one) which are more than one year old will not be updated until a while?

Thanks.

By: Hyacinthe Cartiaux on 2020-01-13 13:41
[forum:1195]
Thanks for your answer Franck, I will try.

Best,

Hyacinthe

By: Franck Villaume on 2020-01-13 10:15
[forum:1194]
Hi,
automatically generated packages pushed by the buildbot is broken for a while... And I do not have time to fix it.

My recommendation would be:
- take latest source from 6.1 branch
- build your own packages on debian 10.

However you may/will have PHP warnings with latest PHP7 version. I have fixed most of these PHP warning in the master branch. Nothing harmful.

Debian 10 support [ Reply ]
By: Hyacinthe Cartiaux on 2020-01-07 15:59
[forum:1193]
Hello,

I need to migrate a fusionforge instance before the end of the month, and I want to use this opportunity to upgrade from Debian 8/Fusionforge 6.0.x to Debian 10/6.1 (or newer).

I've seen a lot of work on Debian 10 compatibility in the git repository, but it is not included in the latest official release (6.1).

I hesitate to build my own fusionforge packages for Debian 10 at the moment.
Is it a good idea or is it too soon ?

I would like to avoid Debian 9, which will be end of life in only 2 years. The other possibility would be to use Centos 7 (supported until 2024).

What is your recommendation ?

Thank you for all your hard work on fusionforge,

Best,

Hyacinthe Cartiaux