Hi,

Thanks for the reminder.

I think I've done that :)

Andy

RE: Mobile responsive 'theme' [ Reply ]
By: Franck Villaume on 2021-05-31 20:27
[forum:1228]
Good news!
Remember to rebase your branch against the upstream master. It will be easier for me to merge.

By: Andy Barnes on 2021-05-31 15:56
[forum:1227]
Hi,

Thanks for that, it works :)

I missed the ticket being logged.

I've checked in my theme and a SQL file to add the record to the themes table. I'll improve it as problems are found.

Andy

By: Franck Villaume on 2021-05-30 14:07
[forum:1226]
Hi,

known problem. You need to upload your ssh key.
https://fusionforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=930&group_id=6&atid=115

By: Andy Barnes on 2021-05-30 09:04
[forum:1225]
HI,

I have a bit more time to dedicate to this now and am looking to pick up the work again and maybe help with other things.

On and off I've tried to get access to my repository,

If I copy the links which apear on the SCM page then
anonymous access works
but
the "git+ssh" URL prompts for my password and then fails with a permission denied error
and the "https" URL fails with
unable to access 'https://andyb@scm.fusionforge.org/authscm/andyb/git/fusionforge/fusionforge.git/': The requested URL returned error: 500

By: Franck Villaume on 2020-05-09 16:40
[forum:1223]
Hi Andy,

sorry for late answer. I didn't had the chance to look at it.
I'm currently working on making the buildbot back to life first.

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-05-01 16:16
[forum:1221]
Hi,

Did you manage to check this

Thanks
Andy

By: Franck Villaume on 2020-03-21 18:15
[forum:1220]
Hi, let me check that.

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-03-15 09:31
[forum:1210]
Have also tried the git+ssh alternative and that prompts for a password.

I have tried my password for logging into to site and get a "Permission denied" error.

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-03-14 09:39
[forum:1209]
I have tried anonymous cloning and that seems to work

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-03-09 18:25
[forum:1203]
I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I get a 500 error if I try to run

git clone https://andyb@scm.fusionforge.org/authscm/andyb/git/fusionforge/users/andyb.git

the ssh alternative prompts for a password then fails with a permission error.

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-03-01 09:30
[forum:1202]
Thank you :)

By: Franck Villaume on 2020-02-24 18:20
[forum:1201]
Hi Andy,

you are now member of Fusionforge, you should be able to request your personal clone of Fusionforge repository.
Once the personal clone created, you can push your modification into your personal repo. I will then merge into the main FusionForge repo.
And voilĂ ! You will be an official contributor to Fusionforge!

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-02-22 13:12
[forum:1200]
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion to join.

I'll fill in the request now :)

By: Franck Villaume on 2020-02-16 17:02
[forum:1198]
Hey,

looks good.
What do you think about creating your personal git repository in Fusionforge project? You need first to join the fusionforge project. I will grant you the required access.
Then you could push your modification into a dedicated branch in your personal git repository. That way I could easily merge your work in the main fusionforge git repo.

Any opinion?

By: Andy Barnes on 2020-02-16 11:02
[forum:1197]

glowiron.tar.gz (4) downloads
I have a first go at a responsive theme.

It is based on the funky theme. There is one breakpoint on the layout at 600px.

Some of the outstanding issues can be fixed by adding a class and/or an id to an element but some will need some changes to the way a page is being drawn.

If you feel brave then give it a go and let me know what you think.

By: Franck Villaume on 2019-12-22 18:35
[forum:1192]
For your information, I continue to increase the support of theme across the code. You can take a look at some commits this month such as : https://lists.fusionforge.org/pipermail/fusionforge-commits/2019-December/016211.html

By: Andy Barnes on 2019-12-19 21:04
[forum:1191]
we have a plan :)

By: Franck Villaume on 2019-12-05 10:07
[forum:1189]
You should definitly create your own theme.
Copy the funky theme. Rename it. The theme class extends the Layout Class. Currently funky does not reimplement all functions from the Layout Class. Your theme could implement more Layout function.

By: Andy Barnes on 2019-12-05 09:47
[forum:1188]
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I will maybe look to using accordians and hamburger menus for the smaller devices.

I have looked at some of the code which draws the pages and it seems to be mostly table driven. Perhaps the thing to do is use CSS to make the tables a bit more responsive and, for now at least, leave it at that.

Ultimately, I think the question boils down to what would people want to do on a phone/tablet and whether the site makes it easy. If that can be done with a little bit of CSS and some small localised code changes then maybe thats the way to go.

Moving to any sort of new framework/engine is going to be a lot of work and perhaps there needs to be a broader definition of what we want to achieve, the benefits of doing it, and some sort of a plan.

By: Franck Villaume on 2019-11-25 14:29
[forum:1184]
Hi,

Sorry for delay. (I took a real break. 4 weeks of vacation).

About small images: it is progressively supporting theming. Once completly theme integrate, fontawesome for icons will work.

About twig: there is a twig branch... not really maintained... I did not had time to work in this topic.

About menu/tabs: it supports theme. therefore you should be able to fix the overlap problem by designing a proper theme.

SPA : not on the roadmap yet. But at some point it would be nice.

Mobile responsive 'theme' [ Reply ]
By: Andy Barnes on 2019-11-02 13:52
[forum:1183]
Does anyone know if this work progressing?

I would like to offer a bit of help if it is.

I have done a quick experiment and added the viewport meta tag to the procedure which outputs the <head> block in Layout,class.php.

I haven't looked at all the pages but the widget based home pages, forum and tracker pages while not exactly perfect were usable on a mobile phone and tablet.

The biggest problems were the menu and tabs at the top of the page tended to overlap each other on a mobile and a couple of input forms ran off the page.

I would also like to ask some more strategic questions since they might have an impact on the work to make things responsive.

Do we want to separate the presentation logic from the business logic and possibly use a template library (Smarty, Twig etc ) ?

Do we want to use a responsive framework, (bootstrap etc) ?

Rather than small images, do we want to use something like fontawesome for icons?

Do we want to move to a more SPA style?

Appreciate that these questions imply a great deal of work, but if there is a clear destination then we can make the right decisions on how to get there and minimise the need to revist things over and over again,

RE: Mobile responsive 'theme' for fusionforge [ Reply ]
By: Franck Villaume on 2018-05-01 16:47
[forum:1135]
By the way, I granted you 'User' role on FusionForge project. It provides you the ability to request your own personal clone of FusionForge.
https://fusionforge.org/scm/?group_id=6
Easier for hacking :-)

By: Graham Miller on 2018-05-01 11:55
[forum:1134]
Great heads up, thanks Franck.

When I see anything that needs the code upgrade, I will (probably) get some guidance here, then hack something together and share. I would like to have a mobile friendly version of FF so no problems putting some time on this.

It will probably take me a while to get to that point though. There are a few jobs ahead in the queue <grin>.

By: Franck Villaume on 2018-05-01 06:48
[forum:1133]
Hi,

Yes, the files you mention would be a good start.

Some complementary information:
FusionForge theme class implements the Layout class. In the code, you will find a global var called $HTML. That object is the theme object.
However, the theme object is not used everywhere to generate HTML. A lot of html code is embedded into each PHP page. (Remember that some part of FusionForge code is from 1999...)
Layout class should be generalize and used to generate all HTML. It is a tremendous effort but it is on-going.

Older Messages